Herman Park Smiles provides many restorative type procedures for our patients. One of the most common restorative procedures is Dental Implants.
Dental Implants are the closest thing to having natural teeth. They allow you to do everything as you would normally, and live a happy healthy life. Implants are becoming increasingly popular compared to Dentures or Bridges because they are a more permanent solution.
Dental implants are like artificial tooth roots that are placed in the jawbone. They act similar to a screw that bonds into the jawbone. The Implants are placed in the jaw bone and they act as a base providing support to one or more artificial teeth referred to as crowns.
Once the base is complete, a connector or abutment is set on top of the implant, and this holds the crown in place. The abutment acts as a support structure for the crown. Crowns are then custom made to match your existing teeth color and shape to fit your mouth perfectly. Dental implants have been used or over 30 years and continue to be a highly used technology today.
Implants are the strongest solution and offer support for teeth needing replacement. They allow your teeth to look and feel natural, as well as allow normal activity.
Some Benefits of Dental Implants are:
- Preserves natural bone in your month and this helps to stimulate bone growth.
- Looks and feels natural in your mouth allowing the patient to live a normal life.
- Provides support for any teeth needing replacement.
- Gives patients the confidence they need to feel great about their smile.
- Dental Implants are one of the safest dental procedures performed.
- Dental Implants provide long term value financially and last for years.
- Slipping or clicking will not happen with Dental Implants compared to other alternatives such as Dentures or Bridges.
- Patients with Dental Implants do not have to worry about food getting stuck in gums or between or under replacement teeth.
- Other Dental solutions require you to take out your replacement teeth such as Dentures, and soak and clean them.
Please contact us today to schedule you appointment and see how Dental Implants can work for you.